Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Adopting my grandson, who lives in another state. I need legal advise can anyone help me?

My daughter wants me to adopt her son, a dna test showed that her boyfriend is not the father. His mother has been awarded temporay custody until later this month. My exhusband remarried and petitioned the court to be a foster parent so he would have state funding. My daughter wants me to adopt my grandson who is now 1 year old, and I need legal counsel to assist me, I dont have much money. But work very hard and I want to do this. They reside in another state, do I get legal help here or there? Would legal aid in that state help me? I have two weeks before court date, any advise?Adopting my grandson, who lives in another state. I need legal advise can anyone help me?
I am not a lawyer, but I've seen similiar cases...


First off, you need to have a Home Study done, by someone


from the local DHS Office nearest you. (This is a require-


ment anyway, for when anyone is bringing a child into their


home, by court action.) This will be one step, ahead, for you.


Another thing. Who is the father of the baby? I would think


that the birth father, could have something to say about the


situation, too, and if he doesn't, then the birth father's parents


are next in line, to petition the court for any ';physical';


connections to the child, too. They have the ''same Rights';


to the child, as you do.


Since you do work, and the child is still at the age to require,


a personal babysitter, then YOU WILL NEED DOCUMENTS


OF PROOF THAT YOU HAVE A COMPETENT SITTER,


or daycare for the child.


FOSTER CARE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TEMPORARY


PLACEMENT, but your ex-husband, does have the right


to file for custody, since he is grandfather to the child, too.


You might check out the Resources, with a local Legal Aid


Office, near you..and another thing, you can go to the court


house, court clerk's office, and ask if you can file a request


for a Court Appointed Attorney. (I don't know a lot about that


type of service, but I know it's been done at times, by the


courthouse).


When any case on a child, goes into the court system, the


decision of the welfare of that child, then becomes the re-


sponsibility of the Court System, and the Final Decision


is made, by the Judge, of that particular court.


Some Court Systems, have Friends of the Court...which is


an advocacy service...and some places have CASA, which


is a child advocacy service, for the child.


Legal Aid Offices can be found in many locations. You would


probably have to go thru an office nearest you.


Generally, if no one had brought the case before the judge


your daughter could have allowed you to have the child, with


you, with only a written agreement, signed by both of you


before a Notary Public.


You may address the court, by written statement, and taking


the letter to the court clerk's office, or judge's office, and ask


for a postponement, of the case, until all parties, have had a


chance, to have Legal Representation. This is done, in many


court cases, over and over...


You will need documents to proof your residence, your own


income, and it wouldn't hurt anything, if you presented, a


statement from your medical doctor, and also get an eval-


uation, from a Mental Health Agency, as to your Ability to


Care for the child.


Everything that is done, on behalf of any child, brought before


the court system, IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE ''IN THE


BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD';, and not for the conven-


ience of any of the Adults, involved in a case.


If the names of the Paternal Grandparents, are known, then


they have a right to also, petition the court for Custody or


Guardianship.


If they are Known, and are still living, then the court needs to


know this fact, so that there is no further court actions, on


their part, at a later date.


Hope this helps. TFAdopting my grandson, who lives in another state. I need legal advise can anyone help me?
oh that poor kid. leave him in one spot for stability. why on earth doesn't your daughter have him? she had him it's her responsibility.
You can submit your issue in the following website and a lawyer will contact you within 24hrs. Don't worry about their charges, Its only $1/day. So you are getting what you want in just $1. I think this you can afford. Here is the link





http://www.usalegalcare.com/Child_custod鈥?/a>


Good luck
Go to a lawyer. None of these people on this site are qualified.
From experience, you will need to find a lawyer in YOUR state. That's all I can help with.





Good luck!
You're going to need a lawyer any which way you look at this.





Try going to www.lawyers.com and click on community and finally message boards. You can post your question there under the family/adoption section. Actual lawyers answer those questions.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment