Thursday, July 29, 2010

I have been offered a 1994 BMW R80 RT- can anyone please give any advise?

Bike has 80K miles.


Owner looking for approx 鈧?,500 (euro).


Are these bikes reliable?


Are they suitable for commuting in traffic?


Any help greatly appreciated.I have been offered a 1994 BMW R80 RT- can anyone please give any advise?
Sounds like a honey, I'd go for it! Everything said here I agree with, you won't regret it, nice all-around, all purpose bike, commuting, day trips, long vacations, it's like the motorcycle equivelant of a Swiss Army knife, does it all and does it all very well. VERY dependable motor, it's what made BMW, as a company, what it is today.I have been offered a 1994 BMW R80 RT- can anyone please give any advise?
you act like someone offered you the clap its a great reliable classicly german engineerd machine that has a million more miles left in it if you like it buy it youve got nothing to fear as bimmer owners generaly take great care of thier bikes. If I had the income Id own one myself .
My current ride is a 93 K750 rt and it is the one of the best bikes I have ever owned.





Keep it serviced and maintain the oils and you will have a top bike for years to come.





3500 seems steep, i paid $4500 Australian for mine .





Communting is fine and very economical as well as on the open road.





You couldnt go wrong with this bike.
BMRs are great bikes. That's high mileage, but you can get a lot more on it with propper servicing. Does the owner have service records?


This is an ideal reliable commuter/ tourer. I'd offer a little less, but in good repair with service records, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment