Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am going to take Evening Primerose Oil, but I need some advise..?

I am 38 weeks, and have a soft but thick cervix, I went out and bought EPO but do not know how much to take. I went to Doctors today and he told me to rub it on cervix but didn't tell me how much! Anyone else use this method to bring labor on? If so how much and how long did it take effect?I am going to take Evening Primerose Oil, but I need some advise..?
First thing is...no natural method to help labor start will work unless the baby and your body is actually ready for labor and birth. Only artificial drugs can force you into labor.





That being said...assuming you are ready, there are some other ways:





- Nipple stimulation: it's exactly what it sounds like. Do what feels good. Have your partner do what feels good. The stimulation releases a hormone to help break down the bag of waters and kick start labor.





- Sex: Let's face it. You can't get any MORE pregnant. Orgasm simulates the contractions of labor. More hormone help. AND there is a substance in sperm that helps break down the bag of waters as well. This one works well and is fun. (worked for me...)





- Walking: Simple but effective. Walking rotates your hips and encourages the baby to engage the birth canal.





- Sucking your thumb: I'm not kidding. Weird one but, the roof of your mouth has a pressure point that helps stimulate labor. If you don't want to suck your thumb, try a lollipop.





These are fun, safe and natural ways to encourage your body (and baby) to get going. Have fun and good luck!
  • baby sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment