Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Can anyone give me advise on what to write in my job application?

for a homelessness prevention officer as i'm a bit stuck.





thanksCan anyone give me advise on what to write in my job application?
You mean ';advice';, not ';advise.'; So that's my first piece of advice: make sure you spell things correctly on your job application.





For your job application, you need to say what qualifies you to be a homeless prevention officer. You need to talk about your previous work or volunteering service helping people find jobs, find homes and structure their finances. You need to talk about your previous work or volunteering services helping people in high-stress and/or crisis situations. You need to provide examples that show you are patient, have worked with people with low-literacy skills, have worked with people with alcohol and drug problems, etc.





Do NOT say things like ';I like to help people'; or ';I just feel like I should give something back.'; Organizations need people with concrete skills, not just ';good hearts.';Can anyone give me advise on what to write in my job application?
I like to help others

No comments:

Post a Comment