Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm in for a custody battle. i need to find the right attorney,and a fathers rights organization.please advise

my daughter is 3 months old. i got to see her and spend time w/ her for the first time a week ago. her mother has been an alcholic and drug addict since she was 14 yrs old(now 28). she was admitted to a hospital to detox while six months pregnant. dispite all this and more, i have to prove i'm worthy and able of being a father while having to prove she is a danger to my lil girl.I'm in for a custody battle. i need to find the right attorney,and a fathers rights organization.please advise
If you have a decent job and can support your daughter, have a good support system (family, friends, etc., who can help you out), and can prove your daughters mother is unfit and a danger to your daughter, then I certainly hope that you can gain custody.


You don't say what state you are from, but you DO need to start looking for a good lawyer. I know several men who have gained custody of their children for various reasons and are wonderful parents. I wish you and your daughter luck





It's very important that you make every effort to spend time with your daughter as much as is possible. Do NOTHING that can be construed as negative to a judge. Basically get all your ducks in a row and keep them there. Focus on doing everything you can for the sake of your daughter. That will show the judge that you have her best interests in mind.





Do a google search for Fathers Rights Organizations. There are tons of links. I'm a mom so can't help you on that front as I don't know much about the male side of the battle.I'm in for a custody battle. i need to find the right attorney,and a fathers rights organization.please advise
I am sorry that I can't help you, but I sympathize with your plight. Just don't lose your temper or say something that is offensive to anyone and deal with this with as much grace as possible. I pray you will receive the answer to your problem.
Man, I am sorry for your pain. All I can say is yes, it appears that you do. It's not that bad though, you can do this... And it sounds like you should. Godspeed.
Very hard to do being that the mother has the bulk of the rights.





You will need to get a DNA test if you plan on challenging the mother like that. Also hire a private detective and get as much on her as you can.





Much of your case will be based off of what state you live in, family law (equity) is controlled by the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment