Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can any body advise me about how to merge worksheets on excel.?

My work relates to preperation of reports containig data. I receive reports from various destinations in similar format of excel every month. The formats from all the reports is same and there will be several sheets in the report. But all the sheets of diffrent destinations are in same format. I have to compile data in computer. at present I am doing it manually by making rough worksheets containg data of different destinations. I want to follw some easy method. I have been told by one of my freind that there is option in excel to add worksheets at one place and every time I need not feed data, just changing of file name will add data. Can anybody explain in detail with examples how it is done so that I can save my lot of time and energy. kindly explain me different easy options in this regard.Can any body advise me about how to merge worksheets on excel.?
If everything is in exactly the right place you can highlight the cells that you want to copy. Then switch to the worksheet you wish to keep and Paste%26gt;Paste special. Select the radio button Skip Blanks. If anything is in the exact same cell, your screwed. If you do this merging week after week, you can create a macro. As long as the correctly named worksheets are opened, you'll be fine.





You could also go to Tools%26gt;Compare and Merge. I have never used it. I understand that it will overwrite data if you are not careful.





You can get further information in the Excel help files by searching ';Merge worksheets';.

No comments:

Post a Comment