Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm 3 day's into giving up smoking, any helpful advise or tips?

I've smoked about 22 years, 30+ per day, %26amp; I'm 36 years old now.


I'm using strong patches and nicoteen gum when required.


I'm having mood swings %26amp; eating a lot more, but other than that it's going easier than I expected.


Any advise on a plan to lose the patches %26amp; gum eventualy, plus diet %26amp; exercise, would be very helpful.I'm 3 day's into giving up smoking, any helpful advise or tips?
The most helpful thing I did was to reprogram my brain.... Instead of saying you are giving up smoking, say ';I don't smoke';. What you tell your brain, becomes the truth. Sounds funny, but it worked for me. You can also change some of your habits. If you always smoke after a meal then do something else to take it's place. Keep in mind that you are adding years to your life by achieving your goal.I'm 3 day's into giving up smoking, any helpful advise or tips?
Thanks for the pick! I am happy that you are a non smoker, you are doing yourself and your family [who loves you] a great service. you will live longer and breathe better and your smile will be whiter...and many other wonderful pluses...so keep up the good work. Love, Niki

Report Abuse



congrats on quitting smoking! The hard part is behind you. I promise that, although it doesn't seem like it. I quit over a year ago and it is so much better now.





My best advice --- Look at it like this -- You are now an ex-smoker. Keep telling yourself that over and over. NOT that you are ';trying to quit.'; Just that you already did quit!





As for the other stuff--- try charms blow-pops instead of eating more. Exercise is good and will make you feel better too.





Hang in there! Your health is worth it.
Good job!!! You are past the hardest part. Lots of good advice was offered..I used a toothpick in my car, and went for a walk when I got home from work instead of sitting in the ';smoking spot';...I actually avoided that spot for months.


It is all in your head - I agree with the folks that said to tell yourself you are a non-smoker (not trying to quit - hey you've already done that!).


Find the most stubborn part of your personality and use it! Also, I should have posted a warning sign around my neck about being a bit cranky... but it all passes. You will begin to taste food for the first time, and have a clean mouth - perfect for kissing.


Finally, if you get an urge, remember is passes within two minutes - so hang tough.
chew straws nd if u want try getting beaten up u will totally forget bout the nicotine rush
Good Job!! I'm also 36. I didn't smoke as long, but I quit cold turkey. I knew once I quit, that I might start to gain a little weight, so I ran about 4 miles a day for 5 days a week and lost 40 pounds. That was 6 years ago. I've gained it back since then because I quit running, but I'm still not smoking.
I smoked since 10 years old and gave up from 80 per day at the age of 34 years, I stopped at 11:45pm 31st DEC, new year and I am now 55 years old, 20 years later and a reformed smoker.


Stop and use your will power and say to yourself ';I Don't Smoke';, you will still want a cigarette in 12 months time, but resist, you will eventually stop the craving.


Important don't just have one because you will start again, the nicotine back in your system will make you, so don't
This method works for me and is the only money back guaranteed.


I quite smoking 2 years ago








Get the Facts


Easyway, founded by Allen Carr in 1983, has the highest independently verified 12-month success rate (75.8% for a smoker completing the program) of any quit smoking technique and a 90% satisfaction rating.





Compare Easyway to other methods and see for yourself why Easyway is called “The Cadillac of quit smoking methods.”





The Allen Carr Method


HOW THE METHOD WORKS





Using psychotherapy, the method works in the opposite way to the “willpower” method. It does not concentrate on the reasons the smoker should not smoke : the money, the slavery, the health risks and the stigma. Smokers know all that already. Instead it focuses on why smokers continue to smoke in spite of the obvious disadvantages.





It is fear that keeps smokers hooked!





Fear the smoker will have to give up their pleasure or crutch. Fear the smoker will be unable to enjoy life or handle stress. Fear the smoker will have to go through an awful trauma to get free. Fear the smoker will never get completely free from the craving.





The Method removes these fears


Smokers quit with the Allen Carr Method as happy non-smokers, not feeling deprived but with a huge sense of relief and elation that they have finally achieved what they always wanted….





TO BE FREE!





What about the terrible withdrawal pangs from nicotine?





The physical withdrawal from nicotine is so slight that most smokers don’t realise that they are addicts. What smokers suffer when they try and quit using other methods is the misery and depression caused by the belief that they are being deprived of a pleasure or a crutch.





The Allen Carr Method removes this feeling of deprivation.


It removes the need and desire to smoke. Once the smoker is in the right frame of mind and they follow the simple instructions, the physical withdrawal from nicotine is hardly noticeable.





No Gimmicks!





The Method does not use any gimmicks, useless aids or substitutes. No nicotine gum, patches, lozenges, tabs, inhilators or nasal sprays! No needles! No lasers! No drugs! No herbs! No shock treatment!





The Allen Carr Method is successful because:





It removes the smokers’ conflict of will.


There are no bad withdrawal pangs.


It is instantaneous and easy.


It is equally effective for long-term heavy smokers and light smokers.


You need not gain weight.


You will not miss smoking.





Medical Endorsements





A personal view from Professor Judith Mackay MBE, JP, FRCO (Edin), FRCP (Lon), World Health Organisation Advisory Panel on Tobacco and Health





“I have no hesitation in supporting Allen Carr’s work. Many clinics use some of his techniques but it would appear that few do it in quite such a successful package.”





Carole Johnson, Coronary Heart Disease Prevention Unit, Tyne Tees





“his success rate was such that, when budgets allow, we continue to use Easyway for work with specific groups and individuals.”





Dr Anil Visa BSc, MBBch., FRCA, Consultant – Royal Hospitals NHS Trust – Royal London Hospital





“I have observed the Allen Carr method at first hand and have found it to be very successful and I wholeheartedly support it as an effective way to quit smoking.”





Dr William Green, Head of Psychiatric Dept, Matilda Hospital, Hong Kong





“It is a remarkable fact that Allen Carr, on his own admission a non-professional in behaviour modification, should have succeeded where countless psychologists and psychiatrists holding postgraduate qualifications have failed, in formulating a simple and effective way to stop smoking.”





Dr Martin Jarvis, Principle Scientist, Imperial Cancer Research


Fund and Reader in Health Psychology, University College London





”...I am more than happy to testify to Allen Carr’s enduring involvement and to recognise the value of the kind of behavioural and cognitive support he provides.”





Dr PM Bray MB CH.b., MRCGP





“I was really impressed by the method. In spite of the Allen Carr organisation’s success and fame, there were no gimmicks and the professional approach was something a GP could readily respect. I would be happy to give a medical endorsement of the method to anyone.”





Celebrity Endorsements





';His method is absolutely unique, removing the dependence on cigarettes, while you are actually smoking. I’m pleased to say it has worked for many of my friends and staff.”


Sir Richard Branson





“Some friends of mine who had stopped using Allen Carr’s method suggested I tried it. I did. It was such a revelation that instantly I was freed from my addiction. Like those friends of mine, I found it not only easy but unbelievably enjoyable to stay stopped.”


Sir Anthony Hopkins





GOOD LUCK!
im not a smoker so i cant help much, but i have two friends who are trying to quit at the moment...one of them told me that she associates smoking with feeling sick or ill...and she tries to think of things like that everytime she wants a cigarrette...apparently if you assosciate it well enough any time you think of smoking you will think of being sick and it will put you off permanently.





i gota say when i decided to be vegetarian i used assosciations to stop me eating meat and ive been a loyal veggie for about 4 years now...worth a try i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment