Monday, August 23, 2010

How do i overcome nervousness when talking to anyone? Please advise. Thnaks?

I feel kind of inferiority, nervousness when talking to ANYONE. I dont understand what is the problem with me. I try not to but its become a habit; its been ruining everything. please someone advise me. thanksHow do i overcome nervousness when talking to anyone? Please advise. Thnaks?
In one of his novels, Aldous Huxley recommended imagining the person you are talking with naked, standing in a barrel that only comes up to their waist. Of course the person who made the recommendation was a very attractive young woman talking with a teenage boy who was obviously nervous being alone with her... not sure she was helping him much.





I liked the suggestion of studying drama.





AlohaHow do i overcome nervousness when talking to anyone? Please advise. Thnaks?
social anxiety.





check out book from your local library. like anything else practice can fix your problem. do one uncomfortable thing every day. (or one huge embarrassing thing once) don't let this ruin your life. make it a point to do the opposite thing when your feeling shy. be social. go to lunch with people one on one and so on. make friends. get a boyfriend. give speeches.


you need to give more details.
Sounds like social anxiety. There are medications for that.
Practice as much as possible! Say good morning to someone on the elevator, and your co-workers. Ask questions like how was your weekend? or what are your plans for the holidays? etc. Read as much as possible about current events. The more you practice the easier it will get. Also always try to think before speaking think of responses to usual questions and pause before answering so you can digest what the person is saying instead of just blurting out the first thing that pops into your brain.
I used to not be able to put 5 words together.





My mother talked me into taking drama.


I guess it is like immersion into another language.


Now I have no problems even with large groups.


As a matter of fact I think I talk too much.


Was hard to do at first. But got over it pretty quick.


If I can take a directors criticism I can take anything.


Think of that Simon guy in the Talent show thing.


Lots of those types in stage acting.
I have the same thing...to some degree. It's much easier when your not face-to-face (like here for example). Just remember that it's what you think about yourself that matters, don't worry about everyone else. You may need to see a professional, maybe you should ask your doctor about anxiety disorders, I could probably benefit from treatment as there's no logical reason for my fear of everyday social situations. Talking to others who suffer from this or even anyone whose personality is similar to yours may make you feel more comfortable.
Practice makes perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment