Thursday, August 19, 2010

Christian parents, please advise; how do I tell my 5 year old that he is not dressing up for Halloween?

Christians do not celebrate Halloween, my 5 year old is all excited because he sees all the costumes and stuff. How can I explain to him Halloween is not for Christians? No nasty remarks please, this is a child we are talking about here. thanksChristian parents, please advise; how do I tell my 5 year old that he is not dressing up for Halloween?
WOW... this is new to me and I've been a Christian all my life. We all have celebrated halloween forever.





Will you give some additional info to help answer your question?


Like what Christian church do you go to? Why no celebration for little kids... its one of their fav holidays.


What is it going to hurt if you let him pick out a costume and let him wear it around the house for a couple of weeks?Christian parents, please advise; how do I tell my 5 year old that he is not dressing up for Halloween?
tell him its to do with the devil.

Report Abuse



Wow no offense but this is retarded. Might as well stop celebrating everything right?

Report Abuse



http://anunslife.org/2008/10/2鈥?/a>


http://www.loyolapress.com/cel鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



well explain to him that it's the same reason you are no longer going to celebrate Christmas and Easter because they are not christian holidays and that they belonged the ancient pagan cultures. and please do tell me that you are not going to calibrate either Christmas or Easter otherwise you would only look like a fool.
omg,just let him dress up and let him have fun as a kid... i think its bs to not let your kid go trick or treating and who cres if its not a christian holiday, its supposed to be fun. plz, just let him go trick or treating and wear a costume.





it makes me sad to know the fact christians wont let there child have fun on a fun holiday.
Do what I did. I explained the origin of halloween to my son, and why it wasn't appropriate and he understood, as a matter of fact, he decided he didn't want to before i even said no, so he thinks it was his choice.. and he was 4 then, now that he's 5, he still feels the same.
Remind him of how as Christians, we are to do good things which please God. Halloween is a tradition which is not good. It is best for us not to participate in it because we aren't celebrating Jesus or God rather something that is not good.





There may be some church events going on for kids some call it All Saints Day. That may be a fun alternative. My parents took me to that when I was younger, and I got more candy. All of the parents in attendance were friends of my father. So, there was not much worry about checking the candy. Or you could just have a fun Bible Study lesson with a nice treat for him. I'm sure he would like that.





Hope it all works out.
Can't they at least have ';Harvest Day'; celebration, where the kids can dress up in costumes like Richard Nixon or something?
I'm not a parent, but I was raised Catholic and always dressed up for Halloween (All Hallows[holy] Eve, the day before All Saints Day). What denomination are you that Halloween is the devil's holiday (holy day) or whatever? It doesn't say anywhere that Jesus hates Halloween or anything to that extent. Today especially, it's more of a secular holiday to get free candy more than anything. You could even dress him up as a priest/preacher/minister or whatever your denomination has, or Jesus if you don't think it's blasphemy or something.
I am a Christian and I celebrate Halloween. When I was a kid I never dressed up like a demon or anything scary. One year I dressed up like a a princess and another year I painted my face like a clown.
Tell him that your irrational beliefs and traditions conflict with his, but you win because you're stronger. That will teach him a valuable lesson about real life.
you probably celebrate all the other pagan festivals like christmas and easter, why make an exception of this one?
You are a bad parent. Or a troll.
How sad that you can't let him join his little friends in some harmless fun :(
Can't you let him dress up even if not celebrating? Why break the childs spirit?
Tell your 5 yrs old the truth.
The sooner you teach him the better. He must learn from inside the house and not from the outside world that belongs to satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment