Monday, August 23, 2010

I am starting a catering business, can anyone give some advise on finding wholesale food vendors online?

Is it easy to set up a wholesale acct with vendors??I am starting a catering business, can anyone give some advise on finding wholesale food vendors online?
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!I am starting a catering business, can anyone give some advise on finding wholesale food vendors online?
I've owned 2 restaurants, a majority of my items were purchased cheaper through, wholesale clubs like Sam's or Costco than through my food vendor.





With the food vendors like Sysco you are paying for convenience, delivery, big trucks, overhead, etc, so they are not always the most price competitive.





Food vendors generally make you pay on delivery of your food items.





Check farmer's markets for lower priced produce. Check your area for restaurant supply houses. They usually stock large sizes of dry goods.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment