Monday, August 23, 2010

Tranistioning to table food advise?

Need advise on transitioning my 9 month old to table food. She is on pureed baby food now. She likes chewing the gerber yogurt bites, but when I give her other ';mashed'; foods such as mashed spaghetti, mashed veggies, she spits it back out. How did you make the transition from pureed baby food to table food?Tranistioning to table food advise?
Table foods are finger foods. Don't mash them, just cut them up and let her self feed. She can eat pasta and veggies with her fingers.Tranistioning to table food advise?
it might be the texture shes tired of, so just give her regular, soft foods and see how she does!
I make my own baby food and stay away from most of the stuff in the ';baby'; aisle at the grocery store. As time wears on, I just make her food chunkier. The first stuff I strained through a sieve, later stuff I just mushed with a potato masher.





I also think finger foods are really helpful. It lets her have more control over what she's eating. I just pick parts of our meal that are appropriate and set them aside.





One night last week, we had beef stroganoff, so I set aside some of our whole wheat noddles for her and broke some steamed carrots into pea-sized bits. A couple of days ago, I made guacamole so I gave her bits of avocado and I rolled shredded cheese into pea-sized balls for her.





Yes, letting an 8 month old feed herself is messy, but I love that she can eat at the same time I do!
bananas make great pureed baby food, and can be offered as finger foods! when you bite into a banana, it gets mushy like it was pureed, so it's an easy transition. you should try offering her some sliced banana slices! pancakes is also a good table food. my son doesnt like it now, but I used to spread fruit preserves on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment