Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can anyone advise on building a Clay Tennis court??

I am wanting a tennis court. It does not have to be a championship quality but it does need to have a semi professional look and feel to it.


I have been looking at a clay court which I like because of the plastic white line markers which are obviously no/low maintenance and have a good crisp edge.


Was wondering how easy it will be to get the ';clay'; and how much it will cost. The court will be in Brittany so I would have to source the ';clay'; there.


I had read amougst the sparse web information that the ';clay'; is mainly brick dust. I have a mental picture of me smashing up old bricks.


The court would be open air.


Can anyone advise whether this could be a DIY project? If I am forced to use proffessionals the cost might be prohibitive.


I like to think I can tackle most DIY/ Building work.


Thanks in advance for any advice.Can anyone advise on building a Clay Tennis court??
Unless you have a lot of resources and time at your disposal, building a tennis court alone is almost impossible. Read more about building a clay tennis court here. It's too long of an article to paste so I've just inserted the link isntead.





http://turf.lib.msu.edu/1920s/1929/29101鈥?/a>Can anyone advise on building a Clay Tennis court??
...
Hi, I am a member at a local tennis club and would like to install clay courts but they said they cost to much, so i found my old ACE magazine and phoned a court laying company to actually see how much this cost. You will think i am a liar but i tell you the truth, approx 拢30,000 for 1 tennis court. Pretty sad isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment