Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hi ,i need your help !!! i want to have my own bar ,can you guys give me some advise?

I currently own a bar, and have sold a few in the past. The biggest advice I can give you is for somebody looking to start up their own bar is to work in a bar first. I never took any business classes or anything like that. They can't hurt but they are not something you have to have. By working in a bar you will not only make contacts but you will gain the expierence you will need to be successful in the tricky bar business game. The next biggest thing I can suggest is location. Location is a major issue in the success of your establishment. If you are looking to attract a 21-30 crowd I would suggest being near a university or in a downtown somewhere. If you are looking to attract a regulars, Cheers like crowd then a smaller town will work. And lastly I would find a partner. I know very few successful people who started a bar without a partner. The time commitment and the hours you would have to work alone would make it tough to make it. You need to do your homework on this business because there are many hidden costs that people don't realize, taxes can be quite high, getting a town or city to give you the proper liscense can be rough, and the time commitment can be tough. Good Luck!Hi ,i need your help !!! i want to have my own bar ,can you guys give me some advise?
do a business course first.accounts are the first steps to success when going into business.

No comments:

Post a Comment