Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can I clean half of a hamsters mothers cage! Advise Please?

My hamster had babies. They are two weeks old today. The cage smell is unreal. The babies eyes are not open yet can I clean half the cage and replace it with new bedding? I am not going to do anything to the nest that she has made and I am not going to touch the babies. If I have to I will live with the smell because I do not want nothing to happen to the babies or the mother. Please give all the advise you can. Thank youCan I clean half of a hamsters mothers cage! Advise Please?
Hello.. if they are two week old now, the eyes should be opening any day now, either today or tomorrow so I would wait another few hours, to be on the safe side. Once they are open you can handle them and take them all out inc: mum and clean the cage.


Makes a change to hear someone has actually stuck to the golden rules.Can I clean half of a hamsters mothers cage! Advise Please?
My hamster has breed three times... so try to trust me. If you wash your hands you can move the babies and mom out. 2 weeks old they will be fine with this. Put new things in for her to make a new nest or try to keep the nest in one piece and clean the WHOLE thing. A dirty cage is bad for babies. They will be fine, I promise.
yes. as long as you dont disturb her nest. she wont hurt them.. usually mother hamsters wont eat their babies unless they're very young.. baby hamsters can die on their own when they're older but the mom usually wont hurt them. [ i work at the pet store with tons of mother hamsters]. go ahead and clean it especially if the mom is a nice hamster and comfortable with you.
go to websites I think it may not be ok though can you move the cage to a different room maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment